As a homeowner, you have a lot of tough decisions to make. Don’t let your driveway be one of them. So when the time comes to reconstruct your driveway, make the easy decision and go with asphalt. The Benefits of an Asphalt Driveway over Concrete include:
- Price: Asphalt driveways are typically cheaper to construct than their concrete counterparts.
- Paving: A concrete driveway can take as much as twice as long to pave as an asphalt driveway of the same size and dimensions.
- Durability: Asphalt proves to be much more durable over time than concrete, making asphalt the perfect choice for your residential driveway.
- Lifespan: An asphalt driveway will last anywhere from 25 to 30 years with proper maintenance.
- Weather Resistance: Asphalt driveways are more weather resistant than concrete driveways, contracting and expanding along with the temperature. This helps these surfaces avoid cracking and other damage.
- Flexibility: Asphalt driveways are able to conform to changes in the soil. Concrete, meanwhile, is much more rigid and likely to crack as a result of changes to the soil.
- Asphalt Repairs: Asphalt driveways are far easier to repair than concrete driveways.
- Lower Maintenance Costs: Not only are asphalt driveways easier to repair, but the cost associated with doing so is typically lower than concrete repairs.
If you have any questions about The Benefits of an Asphalt Driveway over Concrete, please contact Reliable Contracting today by calling 410-987-0313 or visit our website. Located in Millersville, Maryland, Reliable Contracting is your single-source solution for all of your commercial and residential asphalt needs, from construction to repair and rehabilitation.