Join Our Team
Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, military status, physical or mental handicap, marital status, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of business or residence, or any other category protected by applicable law. Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the employment eligibility of all persons hired. This means that we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. will not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Reliable Contracting Company Inc. is now hiring!
SIGN-ON BONUSES AND REFERRAL BONUSES are offered for the following positions.
Foreman – $1,000
Skilled Pipelayers – $500
Skilled Equipment Operators – $500
Truck Drivers – $500
Scroll down to see a full list of our open positions and bonus terms.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be downloaded here.
Applicants may visit either office location to submit an application in person. We ask all visitors and employees to wear a mask and follow sanitation and social distancing guidelines.
Applications can also be requested by email at email@example.com.
Resumes and/or Applications can be submitted here: Upload Here.
For more information call 410-987-0313 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Founders’ Building
2410 Evergreen Road, Suite 200
Gambrills, MD 21054
Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
Southern Maryland Office (NEW LOCATION)
12250 Acton Lane,
Waldorf, MD 20601
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Current Job Openings:
$ = Sign-on and/or Referral Bonus Applies
Anne Arundel County, Maryland & Central Maryland Areas
Asphalt Crew Positions:
Asphalt Roller Operators $
Asphalt Paver Operators $
Asphalt Milling Machine Operator $
Asphalt Bobcat Operator $
Grading Crew Positions
Articulated Truck Operators $
Dozer Operators $
Loader Operators $
Heavy Truck Mechanics (Dump Trucks & Lowboys)
Fleet Vehicle Mechanics (Pickups and Cars)
Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanics (Paving machinery, Excavators, etc.)
Dump Truck Drivers Needed (Manual Transmission) $
Utility Crews (Water, Sewer, Storm Drain Municipal Lines)
Utility Excavator $
Charles County, Maryland & Southern Maryland Areas
Utility Heavy Equipment Operators $
Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans and Women are welcome and are encouraged to apply.
Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. is gearing up for our Spring projects and we are excited to announce that we have immediate positions in most departments. Come Join Our Team!
Starting immediately, Reliable Contracting is offering a sign-on bonus to new employees for the following positions:
- Foremen – $1,000
- Skilled Pipe Layers – $500
- Skilled Equipment Operators – $500
- Truck Drivers – $500
The new employee must meet all of the following terms to receive the sign-on bonus:
1) The new employee must be hired for the positions listed on this ad.
2) The new employee must submit an application before the promotion end date (to be announced).
3) The new employee must complete six (6) months of successful employment as outlined in the employee manual and still be employed at the time the bonus is paid.
Note: Once all the conditions have been met, the sign-on bonus will be paid the month following the new employee’s successful completion of six months of employment.
This promotion will run until further notice. The end date will be posted on this page.
Employee Referral Bonus
Starting immediately, Reliable Contracting Company, Inc. is offering a $250 referral bonus to current foreman and hourly employees for the successful hire* of new employees for the following positions:
- Skilled Pipe Layers
- Skilled Equipment Operators
- Truck Drivers
*Referral Bonus Terms:
1) The referring employee must report the name of the applicant and the position they are referring them for, by email to HR@reliablecontracting.com.
2) The applicant must submit the first and last name of the referring employee on the application line titled “How did you learn of this job announcement?”
3) The new employee must be hired for one of the positions listed on this ad.
4) The new employee must submit an application before the promotion end date (to be announced).
5) The new employee must complete 90 days of successful employment as outlined in the employee manual and still be employed by the company when the referral bonus is received.
Note: Once all the conditions have been met, the sign-on bonus will be paid the month following the new employee’s successful completion of 90 days of employment.
Plus – the new employee may also be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Please refer to the sign-on bonus advertisement on our website.
This promotion will run until further notice. The end date will be posted on this page.
Working at Reliable…
The growth and progress of any organization like ours depends on its employees… people with initiative, creativity and enthusiasm working as a team in an atmosphere of respect and harmony. Reliable’s success is due in no small part to the talented, professional and loyal team that we have assembled. Our mission statement includes a line, “to provide for individual success”. We take this seriously and promote from within whenever possible.
Reliable maintains a strong commitment to the welfare of its employees and strives to provide all employees with a benefits package that is cost effective and comprehensive in design.
More than 40% of our employees have been with Reliable for 10 years or more, and many represent second- and third-generation employees from the same family. But new employees are needed also, to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to our company. If you share our enthusiasm and think you have the potential to meet our high standards and help us maintain our leadership position, we invite you to inquire about open positions that match your qualifications. Contact either of our office locations.
We currently offer the following benefits:
- Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit
- Medical Coverage
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Bonuses
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short Term Disability
- Life and A.D.&D. Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Credit Union Memberships
- Paid Holidays
- Training & Career Development
- Tuition Assistance
Construction Careers – A World of Opportunities: Video
Back in October 2018, the Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation approached us to take part in their construction careers spotlight video. The video features our grading division’s foreman, Danny Harris, now Superintendent, and his crew. The video also features Warren Johnson’s crew of our paving division, and truck driver Lenny Mister.
Danny started with Reliable in 2000 at the age of 18 working as a laborer. Danny worked his way up to an equipment operator and just 5 years later, Danny was promoted to Foreman, running his own crew. Since the taping of this video, Danny has been promoted to a Superintendent of our Grading Division, overseeing the daily operations of multiple crews. Reliable is very proud of Danny and all our hard working men and women of our team.
We wish to thank the following Reliable employees who participated in order of appearance:
- Danny Harris
- Christian Keen
- Lenny Mister
- Nick Imbrogulio
- Steve Knopp
- Anthony Nichols
- Ivory Duckett
- Jonathan Moody
- Warren Johnson
- Tyrone Bond
Reliable recognizes that our employees are our most important resource; without you, our success would not be possible. We believe that the investment we make to provide benefits to improve our employees’ quality of life, are the most important dollars we spend.
This site provides easy access to all your benefit providers. Phone numbers are listed and access to their website, can be reached by clicking on the logos/web addresses below. Some sites may require you to register and obtain a code to access the site. (To determine if you qualify for these benefits, contact our HR department.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Policy and Affirmative Action Plan (EEO &AAP)
Click here to read and download Reliable Contracting policy on these matters.
FORMS: These common forms used by our Human Resource Dept. can be downloaded for your use.
- Change of Address
- Direct Deposit Forms for Banks
- Disability Claim Form (Contact HR prior to use of this form)
- Tax Allocation and Withholding Forms
- CareFlex COBRA – 888-577-2762
Credit Union Memberships
Disability – Short term coverage
- This coverage is offered by Reliable. For information, contact our Human Resource Dept. 410-987-0313 or email@example.com.
Disability/Life and Other Voluntary Insurance Products
- Colonial Life – 800-325-4368 www.coloniallife.com
- Combined Worksite Solutions – 800-424-8830. www.combinedinsurance.com
- Cigna: http://www.mycigna.com/ 1-800-244-6224
Employee Assistance Program
- Carebridge EAP: http://mylifesource.com/ 800-437-0911
Group Vision Service
- Eye Med: www.gvsmd.com 866-265-4626
- Kaiser Permanente: www.kp.org/ 800-777-7904
Health Savings Account
- BB&T – 301-261-3200 www.bbt.com
- Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance. You are able to purchase additional coverage at group rates. Please contact our Human Resource Dept for more information.
Online Pharmacy Orders
- Kaiser Permanente: http://kp.org/ 1-888-577-2762
Profit Sharing Plan
- See Employee Handbook or contact our Human Resource department at 410-987-0313 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall 2016 JH Fund Summary
Voluntary Insurance Benefits
- Combined Voluntary Insurance www.combinedworksite.com 1-800-544-9382
The guys at Reliable are my ‘go to guys’ when there’s even the slightest question.
– Bruce DeLawder, Whiting Turner