Stormwater refers to water from a number of different sources, including rain, melted snow, and any other form of precipitation that comes into direct contact with the ground. This water will do one of several things:
- The water will seep into the ground.
- The water will be absorbed by vegetation.
- The water will evaporate.
- The water will runoff into sewers, streams, or lakes.
The Natural Water Cycle
- Our atmosphere absorbs water from the earth.
- This water falls back down to earth as precipitation.
- The precipitation is absorbed by the soil or vegetation.
- The water that is not absorbed by vegetation eventually evaporates back into the atmosphere, thus continuing the cycle.
Stormwater management is important for one primary reason…Pollution!
Unfortunately, we as humans have had a very negative effect on the water cycle. This is because water cannot reach the soil through many of the manmade structures we have erected, including roads and buildings. Furthermore, as stormwater flows to and through manmade drainage systems, it picks up toxic debris and other pollutants, including fertilizers, oil, fecal matter, and more!
The Benefits of Stormwater Management
- Decreasing polluted stormwater
- Reducing the negative environmental impact of polluted stormwater on lakes, rivers, and watersheds
- Reducing the risk of erosion
- Maintaining an uninterrupted water cycle
- Minimizing health risks
- Reducing the risk of urban flooding
- And more!
If you have any questions about Stormwater Management or if you have a construction project that you need completed right the first time, please contact Reliable Contracting by calling 410-987-0313 or visit our website.
Interested in scheduling Reliable Contracting for a job?
We currently have crews available for work. Contact us today to schedule your estimate before we are completely booked solid!
Reliable Contracting maintains a reputation as a leader in the construction industry. Our clientele includes builders, developers, individuals and government agencies. With projects ranging in cost from $10,000 to over $10 million, Reliable can be seen working on Maryland’s roads, highways, airports, office parks, shopping centers, hospitals, churches, and residential neighborhoods earning our reputation by providing clients with consistent quality and dedication to their projects.
Reliable Contracting Company serves the following and surrounding Counties: Annapolis, Queen Anne’s, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Calvert, Caroline, Charles, Howard, Prince George, St. Mary’s, Talbot, and Washington D.C.