Our Millersville drum plant recently underwent several upgrades. The most notable include:
- The addition of a warm-mix treatment system to improve flow characteristics of liquid asphalt.
- Mechanical repairs to the rotating drum mechanism.
- The installation of touch-screen computer controls for the plant to give plant operators a graphical representation of each process and machismo throughout the plant. These computerized controls should also give operators more control over each phase of the asphalt manufacturing process, while allowing for easier troubleshooting and the quicker correction of malfunctions.
These upgrades will help decrease downtime, lessen material waste, simplify maintenance operations, and lead to better products and improved customer service.
The above upgrades were all performed in-house by Plant Foreman Mike Sturdevant and Maintenance Foreman Chuck Linton, along with Jo Michael, Don Frye, and Brian Conde. The entire process – from research to plumbing, wiring, and validation – was finished in an impressive six weeks.
Reliable Contracting’s Materials Production Facilities
Reliable can produce all of today’s high-performance asphalt paving products, or can tailor a mix or installation to suit your project’s specific needs. Our materials production facilities can supply a full range of materials for your construction project:
- Hot and cold mix asphalt
- Bioretention soils and top soil
- CR-6 stone, rip rap, recycled stone and washed gravel.
Our accredited quality control lab and certified technicians ensure consistency while our experienced plant and field crews deliver a final product of which you and we can be proud.
If you have any questions or if you have a construction project that you need completed right the first time, please contact Reliable Contracting by calling 410-987-0313 or visit our website.
Reliable Contracting is now Anne Arundel County’s largest site-work contractor, boasting more than 400 employees, 100 trucks and 250 pieces of earthmoving equipment.
Tags: asphalt contractor maryland, asphalt paving products, asphalt plant, bioretention soils, construction contractor anne arundel county, improving flow characteristics of liquid asphalt, liquid asphalt, mechanical repairs, millersville drum plant, Reliable Contracting, rotating drum mechanism, touch-screen computer controls, upgrades at the millersville drum plant, warm-mix treatment system