Reliable Contracting recently completed construction on Maryland’s first Diverging Diamond Intersection (DDI) at the junction of Arundel Mills Blvd. and Route 295. This new DDI replaces two existing roundabouts in hopes of improving traffic flow after the opening of the Maryland Live! Casino at the Arundel Mills Mall.
The $5 million project was funded entirely by the Cordish Companies and developed in association with the Maryland Department of Transportation’s State Highway Administration (SHA) and Anne Arundel County.
Benefits of the Diverging Diamond Intersection
- DDIs can typically accommodate twice as many left turns per hour as traditional interchange designs.
- DDIs are safe as they have fewer points at which vehicle paths intersect.
- The diamond pattern reduces the number of traffic signal phases.
- The DDI eliminates the need for exclusive left turn lanes to and from the southbound lanes of the Baltimore Washington Parkway.
- These traffic improvements will also accommodate future growth planned in the region.
If you have any questions about The New Diverging Diamond Intersection at Arundel Mills, or if you have a construction project that you need completed right the first time, please contact Reliable Contracting by calling 410-987-0313 or visit our website. Reliable Contracting maintains a reputation as a leader in the construction industry and can be seen working on Maryland’s roads, highways, airports, office parks, shopping centers, hospitals, churches, and residential neighborhoods.
Reliable Contracting Company serves the following and surrounding Counties: Annapolis, Queen Anne’s, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Calvert, Caroline, Charles, Howard, Prince George, St. Mary’s, Talbot, and Washington D.C.