Employee News & Wellness
THE RELIABLE SOURCE, Employee Newsletter
- Issue 1, February
- Issue 2, April
- Issue 3, May
- Issue 4, June
- Issue 5, July
- Issue 6, August
- Issue 7, September
- Issue 8, October
- Issue 9, November
Open Enrollment is Underway!
The open enrollment meetings are done but there is still time to pick up your packet and sign up for benefits for 2018. Contact Beth Thompson at the Corporate Office (410-987-0313) to get your packet today.
Please turn in your forms by Monday, November 6th. All employees must complete a form whether electing or waiving coverage.
Thank you to all the employees who came out to our open enrollment meetings and our mini health fair. All participants walked away with free goody bags. Those who attended the health fair had access to free flu shots, health screenings and face to face time with our benefit providers.
In addition to Mutual of Omaha Life and Combined Insurance; we now have added another choice administered by Colonial Life for your voluntary supplemental needs. During open enrollment, Colonial life is guaranteed issue. If you do not have supplemental insurance, accident protection or disability coverage; don’t miss this opportunity to enroll. See back page for more information.
We are excited to announce our newest wellness program Health for the Holidays started Monday, November 6, 2017 – but there is still time to join the fun!
With this new competition we will focus on establishing sustainable, healthy habits. Don’t wait until the new year to start your resolutions!
The competition will run 6 weeks, ending Sunday, December 17th. We will have plenty of chances to win prizes including our new Bluetooth enabled knit cap featuring our 90th anniversary logo.
Click here to check out a preview.
– Running Now through April, 2018
- Reliable has launched a monthly photo contest. The monthly 1st Place winners will receive a $75 Amazon Gift Card, the 2nd Place winner will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card. Photos must be in landscape orientation (horizontal), 1275 x 1650 pixels, and at least 300 dpi. Photos must be received by midnight on the last day of the month to be considered for that month’s contest, and must pass approval by the safety department. Click here for a complete list of contest rules. Follow the contest on our Facebook page.
- Tips: To get the highest quality image from your device, change your camera’s format setting to RAW or the highest resolution setting.
- Cropping your digital image will reduce the dpi within the image. Please send uncropped images.
- ABC Market Place – Exlcusive savings offered to employees of ABC affiliated businesses. Save on movies, dining out, gift certificates, clothing, computers, vehicles, insurance, travel, and much, much more.
The Cold and Flu season is here. Are you ready? Check out these resource articles for more information:
- Protect Yourself and Others from the Flu
- Flu Season Tips for Expecting Mothers
- Allergies vs. Colds: What’s Causing Your Discomfort
- 5 App Features for Hassle-free Health
Other Health Articles:
- Avoiding Holiday Stress – a few quick tips
- How Does a Keto Diet Work
- Should You Use Melatonin to Burn Fat?
- The Best Ways to Burn Off Your Halloween Candy
- Do ‘Fast Days’ Actually Work for Weight Loss?
- The Best Foods to Buy at Whole Foods
- Looking to Gain Weight? Here’s Some Tips
- Does This Diet Lead to a Longer Life? (The Okinawan Diet)
- Women’s Health – Let’s Celebrate Our Strength
- Abusive Relationship – Should I End It?
- Reaching Out for Help When Your Thoughts Scare You
- Overcoming Your Fear About Donating Blood
- Relax Wisely – Take this informative quiz to find out what relaxation techniques work best for your stressed state of mind.
- Handling Stress – Three simple tips to find your balance.
- Men’s Health – Three little reminders for a healthy life style
- Every Move Matters – Do you know how much exercise you actually need?
- The Simplest and Most Beneficial Exercise YOU CAN DO!
- Water, Water, Water! – Do you drink enough?
- What’s in your DRINK? Use this handy guide.
*NEW – RECIPES
KAISER PERMANENTE RESOURCES
Phone Number: 1-800-777-7904
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Financial Assistance and Pharmacy Waiver Program. NEW Telephone Number for Financial Assistance: 1-844-412-0919.
- Continuity of Care Request Form
KP PRESS RELEASES
- Prevention Services
- Understanding Preventive Care
- News Blast, published 3/9/2017
- Two New Baltimore Area Facilities
- Video Visits with Your KP Physician – Why go into the office if you don’t have to? Read this helpful guide to learn how to use your device to have virtual face time with your doctor.