As a Baltimore asphalt contractor, Reliable Contracting has heard it all. Is it too cold to pave? What is the lifecycle of asphalt? And, of course, is thicker sealcoating better? After all, as Americans, we live in a society where we are constantly bombarded with the notion that bigger is better. Well, the same is not true for sealcoating.
Contrary to popular belief, thicker sealcoating does not provide added protection. In fact, thicker sealcoating has many disadvantages:
- Thicker sealcoating has no texture
- Thicker sealcoating takes much longer to cure
- Thicker sealcoating does not cure evenly
- Thicker sealcoating is prone to surface cracks
- Thicker sealcoating reduces the life of your sealcoating project
Sealcoating manufacturers set specific mix designs for their product. When asphalt contractors stray from these specifications, the product will not perform as intended. This is why you need to trust your asphalt parking lot to a reliable asphalt contractor, like Reliable Contracting! The name says it all!
Reliable Contracting: Your Baltimore Asphalt Contractor
Reliable Contracting Company is a full-service commercial and residential asphalt paving contractor, offering the production and installation of hot and cold-mix asphalt, asphalt patching, milling, crack filling, and, of course, sealcoating. Our field crews deliver a final product of which you and we can be proud.
Benefits of Sealcoating
- Aesthetics: Professionally installed sealcoating gives your parking lot an aesthetically appealing dark black color. Best of all, sealcoating will keep your parking lot looking great for longer, slowing the fading process.
- Durability: Sealcoating helps slow both oxidation and water penetration to extend the life of your asphalt surface.
- Maintenance: Sealcoat makes it easy to wipe up spills and maintain an aesthetically appealing parking lot.
- And so much more!
If you have any questions about Sealcoating or if you have a construction project that you need completed right the first time, please contact Reliable Contracting, Anne Arundel County’s largest site-work contractor, by calling 410-987-0313 or visit our website. Reliable Contracting now boasts more than 400 employees, 100 trucks and 250 pieces of earthmoving equipment!